Monday, July 21, 2008

Why Alligators make the best friends

this is more than likely long over due, but after a slight mishap today, it made me realize that it needs to be said.

I credit my best friend for being my rock, my saving grace...but in reality, it's not always her that saves me or lets me bump up against her. In reality, it's my alligator friend. We'll call her Mrs. St. Pierre. See the thing is, we work together so 99% of the time, she gets the brunt of my venting. She gets the "I hate my job today" the "I can't fucking stand this person" and so much more. If I weren't able to vent I'd probably end up in the insane asylum but because she lets me do this, I make it through each and every day unharmed and uncommitted.

The thing is, the thing that makes me want to kick myself in the rear is that I sometimes take advantage of our relationship without knowing that I'm taking advantage. She happens to be the Manager of the Help Desk where I work and I sometimes use our relationship and my relationship with her employees to get things done a little faster, or to get things that not everyone else has. I wouldn't say that I'm trying to be sneaky and take things because I feel like I'm entitled to them because of our friendship, I just don't always follow the proper procedures that I could that everyone else is asked to follow.

My point in this blog is to tell my friend, Mrs. St.Pierre that she means more to me than the job she has and the goodies that she sometimes passes my way. It's not often that you find someone who will let you vent about everything you're holding inside without calling you out on how judgmental you're being....and then laugh at you because she remembers that one of your New Year's Resolutions was to be less judgmental.

So Alligator St. Pierre if you make it this far in my blog, know that you're more than my co-worker, you're one of my best friends and if I didn't have you to lean out, bitch to, and laugh with, my life would be much darker and sadder.

No comments: