Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Courage is what keeps you going...

Okay, so I have to admit that after two weeks of feeling like exercise was kicking me in the teeth, I'm back this week feeling beat down, but good about my program.

First, there were shin splints. Which, if you've had them, you know why it is so important to take some time off. But that's hard to do when you've finally found the motivation to get out and start running. So begrudgingly, I did it.


Then it was my TMJ. (Which apparently is better known as TMD, whatev). Anyway, I had to have a permanent crown put on my tooth last Wednesday. By that afternoon, I thought I was dying. My mouth hurt so incredibly bad! And I know I'm a whimp for mouth pain, but I really can't remember it hurting this bad. My dentist got an emergency plea for help from me and kindly called in a pain killer. The next morning, when I went to see him, he gave me about 6 shots in my gum to help me get through working that day. And a prescription for a muscle relaxer which helps when I sleep. Anywho the point of telling you all of that was to tell you that I hadn't really worked out since last Tuesday when I tried to run and about died because of my shin splints.

Needless to say, yesterday's workout was hard, but committing to walking 3 miles today was hard too. It's just been a hard kind of week. Here's hoping the workouts get a little more tolerable and I can run without pain on Thursday!

Here are some quotes that are keeping me going....

"Fear is what stops you. Courage is what keeps you going."
"Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it."

1 comment:

Tasty Eats At Home said...

You can do it! And you're right - shin splints DO suck. Hoping you're mending quickly!