Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Long time no post!

So I really thought I would be better about writing in my blog...but I think that I'm apprehensive now for some reason. Putting your words out there can come back to bite you in the ass!!

Anywho--last night, I went to a movie premiere and the author of the book on which the movie is based was there to do a Q&A after the film. Now, generally, I love this author. I think his/her books are easy reads and I usually enjoy reading the book. However, since meeting said author, I now have this distaste of him/her in my mouth. See the thing is, this author was kind of cocky, and gave off the impression that they really only write now a days to sell their work to be made into a movie. I think the PR person said that they are the wealthiest book/movie franchise in history. Whatever....I just...I'm so disappointed. I wanted him/her to be different! I wanted to know that they truly love writing, and that each story is a piece of them! If I were an author, I would write my books just for me. I wouldn't care whether or not it got made into a movie. I wouldn't even care if anyone read it. If someone did, that would be amazing, and I would feel blessed. But I wouldn't write novel after novel just to get my work made into a major motion picture.

The biggest dilemma? This author happens to write novels that are easily translated into major motion pictures that are usually major motion pictures that I end up buying on DVD.......
So while a boycott would be best, I don't think I'll be able to oblige. Especially since I tend to watch one of the major motion pictures like....twice a month or something.

Dang. Cruel world isn't it?

No comments: