Wednesday, June 16, 2010

What's in a song?

I'm inspired by my friend Janet's post. So I'm going to give you some of my favorite lyrics.

But of all these friends and lovers
There is no one compares with you
And these memories lose their meaning
When I think of love as something new
Though I know I'll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them
In my life, I'll love you more 
- The Beatles, In My Life

Celebrate we will
Because life is short but sweet for certain
- Dave Matthews Band, Two Step


Tell the Reaper Man
And the stars above
That you’re the one I love
You’re the one I love
The one I love 
-David Gray, The One I Love

I'll be there for you
These five words I swear to you
When you breathe I want to be the air for you
I'll be there for you

I'd live and I'd die for you
Steal the sun from the sky for you
Words can't say what a love can do
I'll be there for you
- Bon Jovi, I'll Be There For You
 
Circus life under the big-top world
We all need the clowns to make us smile
Through space and time
Always another shore
Wonderin' where I am
Lost without you
And bein' apart ain't easy on this love affair
Two strangers learn to fall in love again
I get the joy of rediscoverin' you
Oh girl, you stand by me
I'm forever yours
-Faithfully
- Journey, Faithfully
So they're kind of mushy............but these are all that I can think of right now. If I think of more, I'll add them....anyway....always fun to get a glimpse inside my mind, right??!?!

No comments: