Friday, February 29, 2008

LEAP year

So I'm going to leap into 2008. Okay, okay, maybe I should have been leaping prior to now, but the point is, I'm doing it and better late than never right?! So I made some resolutions in January with Alligator, and I mostly did them half heartedly. I mean, they're good resolutions and any would be darn proud of them, but I've yet to stick to them. So I'm going to adjust my grand resolutions to something more practical that I might actually stick to.

#1--be nicer to people---I've since realized that it's not a matter of being nicer, but a matter of controlling my anger which will in turn make me a nicer person. So it should read
"Don't blow your fuse and take a deep breath"

#2 - Lose a significant amount of weight---We're going to change this to an actual number. Ya know--because that sounds easier. So it should read
"stop being such a fat ass and lose at least 20 pounds" My hope here is that at twenty pounds I'll be a humpback instead of a killer whale and I'll be inspired to continue.

#3- enjoy the remainder of my engagement-lots of deep breaths---well shit. Engagement is almost over and the deep breaths haven't come yet. BUT I did hear that these supposed deep breaths can really help in trying situations. I better get an oxygen tank or something...
So, it should read "stop being a bitch and breathe" yes, that's much better.

#4-laugh out loud as much as possible---so unfortunately for me, this one tends to coincide with #1 only not in a positive way. It's usually more of the "i'm laughing at you because you're stupid" kind of thing. ;o) Oops.
So I think this one should say "stop being a bitch and only laugh at things that are truly funny....to everyone in the room" that might help me stick to that one better....

So, basically, I need to stop being a bitch and a whale and my life should right back on track!!! alright! PERFECT!!! now if only I had a "how to live life peacefully: for dummies" books, I think I might actually be able to do this...

Anyone know where I can find one?

No comments: