Monday, November 23, 2009

because it's Thanksgiving...

I thought that I'd take the time to write down some things that I am thankful for this holiday season. It might be cheesy, but if you love me, you'll read it.

  1. My amazing family. Including my husband who puts up with all of my crazy meltdowns and reminds me that life is hard sometimes, but that's what makes it life.
  2. My puppies without whom my days would end a lot sadder and my mornings would be so much less eventful.
  3. My job. I have two amazing co-workers (in my dept) and one that I can tolerate and that's more than most people can say.
  4. My friends...who keep me sane on a regular basis and remind me that laughter is the best medicine.
  5. My camera. Boy has it captured some fun moments this year!
  6. My bike. Also had lots of good times on my bike this year.
  7. My backyard; it brings me peace on so many days.
  8. My season tickets to the symphony with my pops. Classical music soothes my soul.
  9. Doctors - for finally figuring out what is wrong with me.
  10. sunshine and daisies. Because when you put sunshine and daisies into the universe, the universe gives you sunshine and daisies.
"To educate yourself for the feeling of gratitude means to take nothing for granted, but to always seek out and value the kind that will stand behind the action. Nothing that is done for you is a matter of course. Everything originates in a will for the good, which is directed at you. Train yourself never to put off the word or action for the expression of gratitude. "
-Albert Schweitzer

No comments: