Thursday, November 19, 2009

A little bit of vegetable in my life....

So I had laproscopic surgery about a week ago. I've been complaining of severe stomach pain for about 6 months now. And after having every test under the sun run on me, the last option for diagnosis was a laproscopic surgery to see what might be going on that wasn't showing up on pictures. Sure, I was nervous going into it but not really because I thought something was going to happen. More so because I was worried that the doc would get in there and find nothing worth curing.

Waking up from the surgery, I basically have a panic attack because that it what the surgical nurse and the anesthesiologist both tell me...she found nothing. It was enough of a panic attack that they shot some more anxiety medicine into my system real fast to get me to calm down.

Turns out that about the only thing wrong with me is my digestive factory doesn't work exactly like it should and a dramatic change in diet and exercise habits should fix me right up.

...So basically, I spent literally thousands of dollars this year to find out what I've known all along. Stop eating like a heffer and you'll stop feeling like one. Start treating your body better and your body will treat you better. Gee, thanks life, for not just letting me figure that out on my own (which I might have) and instead causing me to go through INTENSE pain and testing just to find out I need a little more fiber in my life.

My first goal is to get to the point where a bowl of raw broccoli is a good thing. Here's hoping.

1 comment: