Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Bike, meet Camera. Camera, meet Bike.


This is the bicycle I received for my birthday last June. Originally, I didn't want pink but I was told that when it was time to make the decision on whether or not to purchase the bike, pink was the only color available, so they went with it. It's cool though because it's starting to grow on me so I'm starting to get over the pinkness. And I just make sure not to wear any pink clothing while I'm riding the bike!

Last June, I also received a camera for my birthday. A very nice camera actually.
This camera to be exact. I love it and I love taking pictures, but I've realized that I'm not making the most out of the every day photo oppurtunities that are coming my way. So.....

.....today I went to the same store where my family purchased by shiny pink bicycle and got a basket for my bike!!! I'm so excited because now I can take my camera with me when the girls go bike riding! By girls, I mean my mom, my sister and me. My grandma comes too, but she walks cuz let's face it, not everyone should ride a bike!

Anyway, this is the basket I bought:

Things I plan to put in my super cool basket:
  • camera
  • water
  • bread for ducks
  • clothes (in case I bike to the gym HA HA!)
  • anything that fits

I plan to take pictures of anything and everything that we encounter on our bikes. Mostly, we stay in my neighborhood which has a beautiful creek and a plethora of ducks that inhabit the creek. Most of the time they are friendly, but when they are hungry it can get a little crazy. I also plan to take pictures of anything funny that happens because let's face it, three girls riding around on bikes can be funny sometimes.

It's extra cool because it has a handle and can detach easily from the bike for ease of use. I'm so stoked. I realize that I'm not as cool as people who mountain bike or off-road or whatever they call it, but at least I'll cool with my camera, water, etc when I'm biking!!

Tens of thousands who could never afford to own, feed and stable a horse, had by this bright invention enjoyed the swiftness of motion which is perhaps the most fascinating feature of material life. ~Frances Willard, How I Learned to Ride the Bicycle

1 comment:

fancyashstyle said...

Love the basket. The title of the post made me nervous, I thought it was going to go something like I was riding my bike while holding my camera, the camera fell and I ran over it. I was going to freak ha ha. Glad I was completely wrong.