Wednesday, October 14, 2009

To tattoo or not to tattoo

As most of you know, I'm a fan of beautiful tattoos. I have one, or two depending on how you look at it, and I have never regretted getting them. I originally had a set of shooting stars that I liked, but didn't love. Now, I have a hibiscus flower that I share with my best friend. They're different enough to not be the same, but still beautiful and meaningful because we got them together. We were both going through difficult times in life and it's something that we will always share and I love that.

My hubby has a tattoo that he got when we were younger and dating. It is a symbol for eternity. As I've grown older, I've realized that he got it to mean an eternity with me.

I've ALWAYS wanted a tattoo on my right foot. I've gone back and forth between a dove and other things. Lately however, I've been thinking of getting eternity written on my foot. Boring, right? Well I would get it in Italian because hey, my maiden name is Italian and it's way prettier in Italian. So I'm torn. I'm torn between the beautiful, saving grace of a dove, and eternity with my hubby.

I welcome any suggestions. I think this will be the year that I finally get the tattoo I want. :)

1 comment:

Tasty Eats At Home said...

What about doves gracing either side of the word "eternity" (whatever that is in Italian, cause I don't know)? Just random brainstorming. I say, why not incorporate both?