Monday, May 11, 2009

Okay, okay, a few days late....

This is going to be a big update, but it'll still be fun!

Let's start with....Boston.
Boston was a BLAST. I have about 900 pictures from the trip and each one of them absolutely amazes me. And no, it's not because I'm a super talented photographer, it's because the history and the atmosphere of Boston is absolutely amazing! I can't wait to go back! And if I could, I would totally move there. Husband refuses to leave Tejas. No problem with that, it's just kind of boring!

Anyway, we were sitting outside of a pub one day, and husband ran out to take this picture:
It was totally random, but hilarious at the same time. He is not normally one to run out and get free hugs, especially not from people with blue hair. Oh well, it proved for some good laughs and some more good drinks! Shortly after leaving the pub, I tripped on a cobblestone walkway (plus muffle your laughs!) and sprained my ankle pretty bad. I'm currently walking around in a boot to help stabilize the ankle. Yep, 3 weeks later and I get stuck in a boot! Lucky me! Anyway....we spent the next day at the aquarium and went on a whale watching tour! We saw about 6 whales, and one of them was the cutest little whale ever! he totally hammed it up for the cameras too, which made him even more fun to watch!

The aquarium had a special sea turtle exhibit and they've been working on helping turtles recover so that they can go back into the wild. I could watch sea turtles for hours, and this little guy really caught my attention. I think he liked having the attention too!
On our first day there (sorry this is all out of chronological order) we went to the Old State House and got a pretty decent history of Boston. This was my favorite statue from the Old State House. It was a statue dedicated to the Civil War Nurses and while this picture doesn't capture all of it's beauty, it captures a lot of it!
And of course, you have to stop in "where everybody knows your name.....and they're always glad you came!"
I probably called 10 people while we were at Cheers and tried to sing the song to them. Let's just say, it was interesting to them if nothing else!

OKAY! On to other things! Life has been crazy lately, and it hasn't slowed down one bit! I'm almost done with my second semester of school, and I have to admit, it's kind of nice to almost have two semesters behind me! This one was a lot longer than the last and that made it a little more difficult to stay focused, but I'm doing it and I'll make it through with great grades, hopefully!

this past weekend, my mom, grandma and I traveled to Beeville, Tx to attend a funeral of a family member. While the circumstances that got us there were not the best, we had a pretty good time and even managed to have some fun in the midst of all the sadness. My cousin Chris, has horses and works the rodeo circuit, and begged for us to come see his horses. Seeing as we never EVER get down his way, we all obliged and it turned out to be really fun! He has two babies on the ground and they were the cutest things I've ever seen.
This one is just over 1 week old!
And this one is just over 4 weeks old! He was more willing to come up and allow you to touch him. I guess he's a little more weened off his mama! I absolutely adore horses, and I'm trying to convince my cousin that he needs to give me one of his!

Things are mostly good. Husband has been very busy which helps speed the days up. We're gearing up for a trip to South Dakota for my cousin's wedding. It should be fun! It's going to be a long, long, long drive though! Road trips are fun, and this one should prove to be no different!

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.
Lao Tzu

No comments: