Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Fudge Shoppe Cookies and School Speeches

First, I just want to take this time and this space to say that there is no better snack than the 100 calorie Fudge Shoppe Fudge Grahams snack. It is so amazing it deserves it's only holiday and I want to eat it every day for the rest of my life.

Second, I want to express my frustration over the whole Presidential address to school aged kiddos. I honestly do not understand what the issue was with Obama making a speech to our school aged children. I really tried to understand why certain groups (uh hum conservatives) were upset with Obama and why they would rather keep their children home than let them hear a speech given by our President, but I just couldn't understand it no matter how hard I tried.

Today, because I was at work, I was unable to listen to the President's speech. I did however read the text of his speech and I am more dumbfounded by certain opinions prior to the speech than ever before. I found Obama's speech to be very encouraging and uplifting. I found it to be challenging and exciting and a much needed message from a very public figure.

When I was younger, I thought the President was the coolest guy on the block. I didn't judge him based on whether or not my parents had voted for him and I sure as heck didn't care if he was Republican or Democrat. He was the President. I mean, really, what is cooler than that? Okay, maybe being Michael Jordan. But other than that? Being the Pres is pretty cool. I can't believe that parents would seriously consider shielding their children from a message from the President.

I think it's time for the conservative Republicans who keep fighting Obama on every issue to back down and admit defeat. You lost the election buddies. I mean, Obama is president for the next 4 years. Let's try and have some dignity and stop making up stupid arguments and stupid issues becasue we're all butthurt that our guy chose a stupid woman to run with him. (I mean seriously? Carrie Prejean would have been a better candidate!)

Man it feels godo to vent sometimes, doesn't it?

For me, the most disturbing aspect of the Republican political culture is how it puts its unquenchable thirst for power, domination and a radical ideology above facts, reason and the truth.
-Al Gore

No comments: