Thursday, August 25, 2011

Photography....

If I had to pick a second life to lead, I would want to be a photographer. Not the kind who does like wedding photography, etc. although I'm thankful to the people who do that, I'd want to be more like national geographic great and swim with the sharks to get my pictures!

But, I'm not that kind of person. Instead, I work a stupid 8-5 job that I like on most days but would trade in a heartbeat for something more thrilling. I was going through some pictures from vacation last year and here are some of my favorites of  Costa Rica.... Ahh to be there again...hopefully not during the rainy season this time!






I'm including this one to show you what my idea of "people" pics is....people do not want pictures of themselves like this! I know!





So what is the point of this post? Oh, right. To tell you, blogosphere (all 5 of you) that I want to do more with my life. I don't want to just take fun pictures of my nieces and nephews (and maybe kids some day). I want to travel and take fun pictures of the world! Or just of Texas. Shoot, that's even better  than not taking any pictures!!!

So, here's hoping that after I finish my MBA (in October) I have more free time on the weekends to just get out there and drive! Stop at every hole in the wall diner I want to and just take pictures of the world out there. There's so much out there, that it's got to be more fun than this!

Plus, with the hubs going back to school....I'm going to be awfully bored on the weekends I think!


“There is only you and your camera. The limitations in your photography are in yourself, for what we see is what we are.”
-Ernest Haas

No comments: