Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Sharing is Caring

So if you follow me on G+ or on Facebook, then you've already seen this, but I wanted to share it here too because I've talked openly about my beliefs and my depression, and well, it just seems right.

This video was made by the employees of Disney in support of The Trevor Project.
While the Trevor Project focuses on keeping young LGBT kids from spiraling into depression and committing suicide, the message is still great. I mean, who hasn't been picked on or made fun of?

Here's the video:


I'm not gay, so I've never had to deal with the kind of bullying that some people have. And for the most part, I'm fairly normal. I didn't get harassed in school and I was pretty much an average developing kid. But, I do battle depression on a daily basis. And I can't even begin to imagine what if must feel like to already be battling something like depression and then have to deal with something like being bullied. It breaks my heart that in the year 2011, we still can't accept people for who they are. I really loved what the one guy said when he said that we are all exactly who we are supposed to be, who we were intended to be.

This holiday season, I encourage you to be a voice for kids that might feel like the world is crashing down on them. Whether it's because of their sexual preferences, or because there's something slightly different about them. You never know when you might be the voice that saves them.

I know I posted about organizations that I support and encourage you to think about supporting, but I didn't include this one. The Human Rights Campaign. Because at the end of the day, whether I kiss my husband or my wife, I'm still human. And so are you.

Happy holidays!!!

No comments: