Wednesday, December 28, 2011

My birth plan...(and NO I'm not pregnant)

So I was chatting with my bfffff about her birth plan...she's due in about 14 days and we're spending New Year's Eve together so we've been chatting back and forth all day. We got to her birth plan and she told me:

"I made my "birth plan" which is pretty much four bullet points centering around how I have no objection to pain medication of any sort and the sooner the better for an epidural ahhahah!"

Which of course made perfect sense to me! Why do you need several bullet points on a list when the options are really quite simple?

So here is my (future) birth plan:
  • Drug me
  • For the love of God don't go down there!
  • Get the baby out!
  • Drug me 
I think it's a pretty comprehensive list of what should be going on that day. Of course, I'll probably be one of those freak of natures who totally changes her mind and decides to go the hippy route by having my baby in water or something. 

Anywho....happy birth planning baby mamas to be! 

And in case you want to take yours a little bit more seriously, you can find some good info here.  

"I'll be like, 'Epidural, please!' ... I don't want to go through the pain". 
-Britney Spears 

3 comments:

Teh Wifey said...

I thought the same exact thing, and then I did the research and went totally hippie dippy :) It is amazing what we think we want and then what actually happens can be so different!

vanweezy said...

I'm keeping it super simple on mine (umm, as soon as I make one), because I don't want to make this plan and feel like I need to stick to it and then freak out when it doesn't happen like I planned. I just need my hubby by my side, some drugs to help with the pain, and my doctor to guide me through. Everything else is inconsequential to me.

Unknown said...

@Cass --
I can totally see that happening! I'm such a fruit loop most of the time that I can totally see myself flipping the switch and getting hippy with it!

@Janet -
Right?? The by my side being the important part of that equation! I don't want to ruin it forever!