Monday, January 9, 2012

Okay blog...we're gonna lose some weight!

I know that I probably said this last year, or in the past few months, but I REALLY TRULY MEAN IT NOW!
I'm serious. Please take me seriously! I had this terrifying dream where I was one of those people that had to be airlifted out of their room so they could go to the doctor and it scared the bejeebus out of me. I don't want to be an airliftable only person! Plus, as we get closer to deciding we might maybe try the whole baby making thing, the last thing I want is to be the fat mom who can't chase after her kids when they kick her in the knee and run away.

So, although this should have started last week but didn't because a nasty - I hope it's the only one I get - virus literally kicked my ass into bed for 5 days, it's starting today. Today, January 9, 2012. The day I take back my body and make it healthier. I don't really care about overall pounds lost, I just want to be happy with my body and who I am. I want to feel like I look great instead of thinking "OMG! Look at you!" So, here's to you my faithful few, I'm hoping you keep me in line and help me whip into shape.

One of the things that is going to help, is agreeing to run a 5k (without stopping) with my co-worker. Neither one of us are really runners, so it's going to be a challenge for both of us. I know, you're thinking, 5k?  No prob! But for she and I it will be a nice goal to work towards. Our boss is actually running a 1/2 marathon in April, so we're going to hitch our wagons to his enthusiasm and run the 5k on the same day. So, yep, that's 90 days to get up to 3.2 miles (Or whatever it is). I think we can totally do it and I'm excited about running! YAY!

(In two weeks I'll probably curse myself for writing that, but for today, it's good for me!)

So good luck to you and whatever challenges you may take on going into this year! Here's shooting for a very happy, and very healthy 2012!

"Strive for progress, not perfection!"

No comments: