Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Dear Caffeine,

I'm over you. I thought you were great, and we were friends for so long. We had a love hate relationship really, but in the end I think the hate won out and now, I want nothing to do with you.

You see, I think you might have been responsible for a lot of my anxiety. And I think you might have been responsible for my daily headaches. And maybe even my restless nights. If you were a lover, I would have broken up with you a long time ago. But you were more than that, you were my morning hello and my lunchtime pal. We shared so many moments together it was hard to finally decide to cut you loose. But, I have. I thought I'd be sad and want to cry all the time because I'd be tired or irritable. But it turns out, you might have been causing those things too.

Oh caffeine, if only you'd been a better friend. Shown me some real benefits to remaining friends, perhaps we could have had more. For now, I'm glad you're out of my life. I feel a million times better and my water consumption is through the roof. Thanks for the memories, but don't let the door hit ya on the way out!

Sincerely,
tiffytrox

PS for a serious article on the effects of caffeine, click here.

No comments: