Monday, January 23, 2012

Runnnning Runnnnnning..

So, I'm not going to lie. I'm not a big fan of running. But in high school, I was decent at it and it kept me in pretty good shape. So, in the spirit of getting in shape and living a better life, I've been running, with the intention of running a 5k on April 15th.

Yesterday, I pushed myself harder than I have because I really need to start getting some mileage in. I was really proud of myself and felt great! However, I have this annoying pain in my shins that I can't shake! It's aggravating because today, my shins are SCREAMING at me if I step the wrong way or if they stretch too far. It's frustrating but it's also a great little reminder that I'm working towards a goal. And that is super exciting!

I was wanting to write a post about my spiritual journey these past few months, but it's not playing out the way that I had hoped. Maybe later this week!

OH! And on the caffeine front, things are going really well! I haven't had any in about 2 weeks and I'm feeling great!! (minus some allergies but I don't think you can really blame that on the lack of caffeine!)

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is not test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."
-John Bingham

No comments: