Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Success

I didn't take pictures of the stuff I made for yesterday (epic fail) but the food went over and well and all in all it was a great meal!

My sister ended up making stuffed mushrooms and a strawberry cake. They were both delicious and I was glad that she brought stuff for people to eat too!

I made cheese tortellini with spinach and mushrooms, tiramisu cheesecake, and bruschetta. The bruschetta wasn't that great. At least not to me. I don't like strong cheeses and topping it with gorgonzola definitely took it to a level that I'm not comfortable with! If you like strong, awkward tasting cheeses, then I'd definitely go with it, but it just wasn't for me.

All in all, the day went okay. It wasn't too great but it wasn' too terrible. I imagine the day was really difficult for my sister, but she seemed to handle it okay. She said that she slept quite a bit over the weekend and that it's possible she was using sleep as a coping mechanism. Something I totally understand. There was a good stretch of time when I slept quite a bit during the days. I can't even imagine how I passed some of my classes as I usually opted for sleep instead of studying. I'm glad the family survived the weekend, nonetheless.

I hope that your weekend was filled with Mother's Day fun as well. hopefully if you made bruschetta it tasted better than mine!

Our most basic instinct is not for survival but for family.  Most of us would give our own life for the survival of a family member, yet we lead our daily life too often as if we take our family for granted.  
~Paul Pearshall

1 comment:

CGC said...

I have a tasty bruchetta recipe that is way easy. But I'm glad your mothers day seemed to go ok, hopefully the drama was to a minimum.