Thursday, November 4, 2010

A friend like her....

This morning, my best friend's husband told me that my best friend and I fight more than a married couple. While, it seems unfunny and hard to imagine...there are times when we get into little spats. I wouldn't necessarily call them fights, but whatev.

They seem to happen most when we don't see each other for long periods of time. I think that it's because we don't want to admit that we miss each other, so we just get irritated with the other one.

But despite the fact that we get into spats and "fight more than a married couple" I love her. She's often my rock in times of squish. My light in the darkness. The wind beneath my wings. The apple of my eye. My diamond in the ruff. All those silly things we all say about someone at some point. If I had more than one soul mate, she's definitely the girl counterpart to my husband.

Even though we go through hard times, I know she'll always be there for me. I know she's my best friend through thick and thin, through good times and bad.

I hope each and every one of you have a friend like her.

"A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it back to me when my memory fails"

3 comments:

vanweezy said...

You are very lucky! That's a wonderful friend to have.

Tasty Eats At Home said...

I second Janet's comment!

MissHil said...

Tiff...you have officially made me cry at work! Love you