Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Older than my obvious years


I think I'm older than my years give me credit for. I think that my soul, or my inner being, or whatever you want to think is occupying this shell of a body, is much older than the body it inhabits. Why do I think these things, you ask? Well, mostly because of my ability to connect and interact with people older than me, and because, I've just kind of always thought it might be possible that my soul was older than me. 
My entire life, I've never had a hard time talking to people who are older than me. Not even significantly older. It's always been kind of easy. Sure, when I was younger, I wanted to talk about me and only me, but as I've grown older, I'd like to think that I've learned the best way to communicate with different people about different things. I am still show my immaturity, or lack of wisdom that comes with years of life, but I think for the most part, I'm a lot older than my years give me credit for. Maybe it's just a weird vibe that I'll always have, or maybe it's because generally, I'm nice, no matter who you are, but I think I might always feel like I'm an old soul....even when my body catches up. 

This one isn't necessarily related, but I like it. 

"Everything is based on mind, is led by mind, is fashioned by mind. If you speak and act with a polluted mind, suffering will follow you, as the wheels of the oxcart follow the footsteps of the ox. Everything is based on mind, is led by mind, is fashioned by mind. If you speak and act with a pure mind, happiness will follow you, as a shadow clings to a form."
-Buddha

No comments: