Monday, January 3, 2011

unique new years resolutions

Because I don't want to type out serious resolutions here (in case they don't come to fruition and I look like a failure) I thought it'd be fun to share some of the weirder things I'm going to try to do/avoid this year.
  • Use toilet covers more at work. (Not that the toilets are gross (our bathrooms are insane) but sometimes there's a left over.....odor. Not the poop kind either.)
  • Go through closet and review wardrobe/shoes. Mostly the shoes. If they haven't been worn since before last season then I'm chunking them in a box and donating them. 
  • Say the f word a whole lot less. Granted, it's completely usable in EVERY sentence ever, but it's just not classy
  • Get more pedicures. They say that healthy feet lead to a healthy lifestyle....we'll see
  • Do more stuff with my hair besides just pulling it back at the bangs (Today for example, it has big, wavy curls instead of my usual bouncy tight curls)
  • drink more water, thus creating more fluids in the body, thus flushing out the gross stuff, thus needing to eat a lot less fiber! :)
  • Avoid embarrassing situations (like being plastered at an after work function...not cute) 
  • Avoid wearing jeans every day (Day 1 - success!)
  • Avoid wearing flats every day (see previous bullet point about shoes. If I'm going to own them, I need to wear them)
This are all things I'm planning on doing this year, but in all seriousness, I do have one new year's resolution that I should tell you because you'll help hold me more accountable.
  • Realize the value of a minute, an hour, a day and spend the year living in appreciation for every minute, hour, and day I have with my friends, husband, and family. 
Here's to you 2011! Let's hope you don't suck as bad as 2010 and that all my friends and families are blessed with happiness and health!

1 comment:

fancyashstyle said...

The pedicure part should be super easy. If I had a job like yours I would dress up just because I like to. So leave the jeans for Fridays and the weekends. Cleaning out the closet is so nice. I do mine all the time. I'm working on a new wardrobe, although that's on hold. I think all these goals are fun and achievable. Good luck!