Thursday, June 9, 2011

Amazing what people can do when you give them the chance...

Last week, I posted a blog post about wanting to finish funding the well that has been started in my nephew's honor. My friend Janet went above and beyond the call of friendship and posted it on her blog as well as Facebook, Twitter, etc. She even went as far as to challenge people to donate so that she could match their donations. Yes, you read that right, she agreed to MATCH their DONATIONS. Even people she'd never met, she agreed to match what they donated. I know I've gushed about her before, but there are no words to describe what she means to me and how my life has been changed simply by having her in my life. The fact that I can call her a friend is even more meaningful and unbelievable to me.

Today, I asked for an update on the well project and I can happily say that in the past week we've gotten to $1,775!!!! We're so close I'm getting anxious! My jumped when I saw the total because I didn't think we were going to be that close. As I was reviewing the donations, there were two from people that I don't really know. I know who they are because they are Janet's friends, but other than that, my knowledge of them is very very limited. I am speechless. These two women donated more than I could ever imagine possible and did so simply because of their friendship with Janet and the cause. My heart is so full of love and compassion for humanity right now that I might burst into a thousand tears!

I know I sometimes seems pessimistic and judgmental,  but I'm amazed at what humanity can and will do when you give them the chance.


And to steal a page from Janet's blog:
"The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit." - Nelson Henderson

No comments: