Friday, June 3, 2011

Lucas Paul Stewart

As almost all of you know by now, my nephew passed away almost two years ago. He unfortunately did not get to take a breath in this world before passing to the next.

In an effort to honor his memory and to provide life-sustaining water for others, I began to work towards funding a well in his name in Uganda through the help of Holden Uganda. You can learn more about Holden Uganda here.

I learned about Holden Uganda through my friend Janet. She had some friends who lost a baby in a tragic way and it hurt my heart because I knew what it felt like to be the Aunt of a child who was lost. She asked for donations and I gladly donated to the cause. I read more about what Holden Uganda is all about and felt compelled to work with them to set up a well in honor of Lucas. Here are some pictures of what the well looks like when it's completed:



This is the well that I helped fund in memory of Kaitlyn Olivia Doss.

I'm about half way to my goal of funding Lucas' well and my friend Janet has taken on a huge charge to match donations, up to $500. You can read her post here.

I know that in the past I've asked you to donate to this thing or that, but please, please, please, consider donating to Lucas' well in honor of my sweet baby nephew. You can help save the lives of so many other children with such a simple gift.

Thank you. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

No comments: