Monday, March 23, 2009

The importance of a BEST friend...

I'm writing this because over the past few months, I've lost sight of what it means to have a best friend and what my best friend means to me. After a few rough months, I think we've come to realize, again, that being a best friend doesn't necessarily mean that you call every day to see how the other one is doing, or that you hang out all the time.

Sometimes it means that life is too busy for you to slow down and remember to call or that they might want to hear your voice. Life gets busy, and when life gets busy, your friends are usually the first to suffer. But a best friend, understands that sometimes your friendship is going to suffer, and that you're going to have your ups and downs. The best thing a best friend does for you is point out that your friendship is worth fighting for, even when you don't think so yourself.

My best friend will laugh at this picture. She will remember what we were doing to end up with this picture and it will hopefully fill her heart with fond memories.

Today I'm glad that my best friend reminded me that our friendship is worth fighting for.

"Friends are like bras; close to your heart and there for support"

No comments: