Monday, March 30, 2009

This too shall pass....

So, today, my pastor posts on his facebook that he has resigned from the church. Not all that surprising, husband and I felt like it's been coming for a while. The thing about our church, is that it's kind of older in spirits and there just aren't very many young people to keep it going. This whole pastor leaving thing is actually fairly common because there are members that are very set in their ways, and tend to make life difficult for the younger generation. It's unfortunate because to me, the church has done a lot of things for this particular family. We agreed to pay them more because they were coming as a couple and required more money. We agreed to pay him more when she resigned in October, and we've stuck by them as they've led us through some difficult times. I guess where my faith gets shaken a little is more because of the fact that he chose to announce his resignation on facebook instead of waiting for the church to announce it. I mean, that's just as bad as breaking up with someone over text message. And if you ask me, a little bit cowardly.

I respect this person and I'm proud of what he's done for our church, but at the same time, I kind of want to hit on top of the head and say WTF?? Why would you tell everyone over facebook that you're leaving? It's awkward to me. I mean, give the church members time to grieve before you tell everyone outside the church what you're doing. For example, my mom found out because her friend, who is friends with my pastor on facebook, called her and told her that it was on facebook. It was the first anyone in my family had heard about it. Not a big deal, except for the fact that this friend of my mom's doesn't go to our church. She goes to a "rival" church down the way from us. I just kind of feel like he slapped us all in the face by not telling anyone first. I think it could've been handled differently, and that we deserved for it to be handled differently.

Ahh, oh well. This too shall pass. Another season will come and our church will survive this. Everything works out in the end, exactly the way that it's supposed to.

No comments: