Tuesday, March 10, 2009

When I Grow Up...


So when I was younger (like in my high school days), I was a pretty decent writer. I don't even remember getting a grade lower than an A on any paper that I had to write. But clearly, something has happened. I've lost my vocabulary, spelling abilities, and writing wit. It's like I'm drowning in 5th grade grammar and 8th grade language! It's quite embarrassing to be honest, and I want my eloquent writing skills back! Granted, a blog that everyone can see on the internet might not be the best place to display my writing talents, but it's got to be a good start, right? RIGHT?

Belle is a writer. Like a for real, wants to get published and be famous some day, writer. I want to be a writer. Not because I want to get published and be famous some day, but because I have stories bouncing around in my head all the time. And the more I listen to Belle, the more I want to write them down and create a great work of fiction. (Again, without the fame and probably spiral bound by the machine downstairs in my office).

But maybe I'll start with this blog. I can spruce it up...it definitely needs it and I can start trying to get back the skills that apparently left me with that 20,000th beer I had in college. I don't know what I would write about on my blog that would be different than what I normally talk about on here, but good golly miss molly something has go to be better than what I usually hit on now!

I think I'll first take pen to paper and try to "plot" out something worth writing about on there first. If it's good enough, I'll post it on here and everyone can tell me how terrible it is and I'll go back to blogging about Jessica Simpson and TI.

"even the best writer has to erase"
- spanish proverb

I'm just spending all my time erasing....that's all.

No comments: