Friday, January 8, 2010

A Call to Arms!!!!

The thing I've always loved about having a blog is the freedom that you can say whatever you want about whatever you want. It's your space to make comments that you want to make or to express views that you want to express.

Recently, some of my friends, as well as I have taken heat for things we've written on our blogs and to appease those around us, we've either deleted what we wrote or completely changed it up so that it no longer resembles the original post.

I think that we should stop editing our blog based on what other people think. I think we should be able to say what we want, when we want, however we want. If other people are offended or hurt by what is written on our blogs, then they can choose to no longer read our blogs. If they want to call us rude or say that we put on a different front than who we really are in real life, then that's fine. Deep down, we know that we wrote what we felt, what we wanted to write. We exercised our freedom of speech.

So, I know I've said it before, but I'm no longer going to edit what I write or delete something because someone may not agree with what I say. Sure, I'll attempt to avoid hurting anyone's feelings, and I'll try not to come across as rude or fake, but in the end, it's my blog and I'm going to say what I want.

I encourage all you other bloggers, friends and foes, to be honest with yourself and with those around you and to speak your minds! This is your space to write what you want, what you feel, what makes you angry, etc! Do it loud and do it proud!

"Free speech is the whole thing, the whole ball game. Free speech is life itself."

SALMAN RUSHDIE, London Guardian, Nov. 8, 1990

No comments: