Thursday, January 21, 2010

Haiti and Team Rubicon

If you follow my tweets, then you've probably seen some of the information I've been tweeting about Team Rubicon and Jake.

Yesterday, Team Rubicon posted a blog stating what they needed and what supplies they were running low on. One of the posts was related to needing Blackberrys so that they can communicate with their family and each other while in Haiti.

Seeing as my hubby works for T-Mobile, I immediately called him and begged him to help me figure this out. We're still working on the details, but it's starting to look more and more realistic.

My heart still aches for Haiti, but it is a little lifted knowing that we might be able to help these men and women do what they do and save and treat people in Haiti.

I'll keep you posted!!!

"heroes take journeys, confront dragons, and discover the treasure of their true selves"
Carol Lynn Pearson

update update update update update update update update update update
Mission Accomplished!!!!!!!!! We were able to get three blackberries donated by people who wanted to help, including Dustin and his boss, Jeff Jenkins. Because of their hard work, the phones are being shipped tonight and should be in Fayetteville tomorrow morning to meet up with the second group of Team Rubicon. I know it's not medical supplies, and it's not $10,00, but it's something that they needed that we were able to get for them! I'm so proud of the hubs!!! He really busted his rear to get this taken care of for them and for that I am grateful!!!!

1 comment:

vanweezy said...

Heroes aren't only on the front lines. They're also behind the scenes, supporting the rescue effort in other important ways. Good job to you and Dustin. You make me proud.