Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Jetpacks and fat kids...

So I found this picture a while back and it's kind of been haunting me. It's obviously meant for the future when we can in fact use jetpacks to fly around, but you get the point.


Here's why it's haunting me....I'm obviously not happy with myself right now. And in the grand scheme of things, babies probably aren't that far off for the hubster and I and it's started to get me kind of worried. I mean, obviously I'm not going to lose the amount of weight that I want to before I get pregnant. So now, on top of already being chubby, I'm going to be pregnant too. Which, is fine because I want to start a family, but sucks at the same time because it's going to make it that much harder to lose the weight post baby. Not everyone can be a rock star like my friend vanweezy (which is a compliment!) 

So if I can't learn to keep myself under control, how the hell am I going to keep my babies under control?! Oh life, why do you have to be so incredibly difficult? Luckily, I've got some amazing moms around me who seem to be keeping their babies well fed and not so chubby they couldn't have a jetpack. I plan on leaning on you a lot vanweezy and doccrocker! 

The diet is going okay, but some days, are just bad. I just want to eat carbs and sugar and pig out hard core! If I could dwindle down those days and have more cucumber and fruit days, my life would be a lot better, I know!

Here's the a healthier diet, more exercise and skinny  babies! 

"Strive for progress, not perfection"
 

1 comment:

vanweezy said...

Colleen and I will both attest to the fact that, if you breastfeed, the weight will drop off. I had already lost 35 of my 45 pounds gained before I was even cleared for working out. The other helpful factor is that you'll be so busy with the baby, that you'll forget to eat! Lol. I do think the last ten pounds will be pretty hard to lose, but I'm okay with hanging on to them for a while because I've got a good excuse. Just get to whatever health level you can before pregnancy, and then don't forget that you can still be healthy during pregnancy. You don't have to go crazy with the eating, and you can walk for exercise all the way to the very end!