Friday, April 20, 2012

Music......and RIP Levon Helm

I've said it about 4,000 times, but music is an important part of my life. It can lift me up when I'm feeling bad, or soothe my soul when I'm in despair. It's something I treasure dearly and I am proud that I'm not specific to one genre when I listen to music.

Levon Helm, age 71, passed away this week. And this is one of the songs I love that features him on drums and as a singer. Enjoy.



"He was my bosom buddy friend to the end, one of the last true great spirits of my or any other generation. This is just so sad to talk about. I still can remember the first day I met him and the last day I saw him. We go back pretty far and had been through some trials together. I’m going to miss him, as I’m sure a whole lot of others will too.”
-Bob Dylan

No comments: