Thursday, April 1, 2010

Political Differences...and Ricky Martin is gay???

So if you know me or my husband, then you know that there is one fundamental difference about us....which side of the political spectrum we land on. He tends to fall pretty far to the right (in crazyville) and I tend to fall pretty close to the left (in pleasantville).

Generally our differences aren't enough to set us too far apart on anything major and so far we've managed pretty well. Last night however, we were sitting at dinner and the TV was set to Fox News (liars) and I had no control because we were at a pizza place, so I forced to listen to Sean Hannity. What a complete mistake..the hubs should have pulled me out of that restaurant faster than he put me in there! I couldn't believe the words coming out of that guys mouth! It was insane....and they pay him to be on TV! SERIOUSLY!

Needless to say it sparked a small debate with the hubs who has yet to respond to my totally unbiased, factual email. (Ha). I asked him simply to present me with facts that I can research and read more about....we shall see how well that comes out.

I sure hope that our politics do not cause a civil war within our very young family. It would be hard to survive. Here's hoping that there are other marriages out there with people on different ends of the spectrum!

And thank God Ricky Martin finally came out of the closet.....none of us were really surprised, were we?

1 comment:

Tasty Eats At Home said...

Hey - I had a friend growing up, and her mom was a devout Catholic, and her dad a devout Baptist. They're still married (something like 40 years going now). So, if marriages can last with strong religious differences, they can last with political differences too! And duh, Ricky Martin is gay...who doesn't already know that?