Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Prayer.....

Touchy subject, I know. But I'm having some difficulties lately and I wanted to let them out. (I know, like 3 people read this, but maybe the 3 of you will help me!)

I have two friends who I think of as family that are dealing with incredibly tough situations right now. One is battling an endless fight with her 9 month old child. He was born premature and tested postivie for a chromonsonal disorder that has caused some significant problems in his young life. Currently, he is being evaluated for whether or not he should undergo heart surgery to repair a hole in his heart that is not closing on it's own, as doctor's had hoped. It seems like the little guy has had to battle something every month of his life and I would imagine it's taking it's toll on his mom and dad as well. I can't imagine hearing bad news after bad news and still staying strong in my faith. Somehow though, they're hanging in there.

Another friend of mine, who is very close to my heart, is battling lymphoma. He started his battle last year and was lucky enough to go into remission. However, the cancer is back, and with a vengance. The cancer has spread to the membrane that surrounds your spine and your cerebrum (I think). He's having to undergo aggressive chemo treatments and radiation treatments. It's tearing his body down and he's very weak.

I'm at a loss for what to do. I know that there is really nothing I can do other than hold fast to my faith and pray for my family. But I'm finding it difficult to do these days. I mean, I feel like I'm sending words off into an unknown space and I'll never know if they made a difference or not. I feel as though I've witnessed the power of prayer in my life. I feel as though I've always known that God is out there listening to me, but I'm having a hard time today. I've been praying for these friends for months now and they're still in the midst of their battles. I'm struggling to think that I'm helping. I want to do something more. I want to physically be able to help, but there's just simply nothing I can do. And sure, you're there for your friends and that supposedly goes a long way, but.....it just doesn't feel like enough.

So, whether you pray, or send positive thoughts, or meditate, can you do some of it for me? I need to find some way to help my family and I need to find some peace of mind that my prayers/energy is helping and it's the right thing to do.

"Once all struggle is grasped, miracles are possible."
-Mao Tse Tung

1 comment:

Tasty Eats At Home said...

I did hear about the 9 month old a while back. It's heart wrenching. Just be there for these friends, however you can. I cannot even fathom what it must be like to actually go through what they're going through! Sending all of the wishes, thoughts and prayers to these people.