Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A simple hand gesture....



This is going to be filed under "traffic-road-rage-rants" but whatever.

I think that us good ol Texans have forgotten how nice we are (supposedly) and how "everything is friendlier in Texas". I'm so tired of driving to work in the morings and getting cut off, or being nice and not having anyone say "Hey, thanks!" or "sorry" by waving their hand so I can see it!

I feel terrible when I cut someone off and I immediately throw up my hand and scream out "Sorry!" I know they can't hear me, but it makes me feel better to say it.

Okay, the point of the post: this morning, a lady needed to get over into the lane I was in so that she could exit. I gladly slowed down and let her over. It wasn't like I barely had to step on the brakes so she didn't notice kind of a slow down. It was a serious slow down. AND SHE DID NOTHING! It drives me nuts.

So, as Texans, why don't we go ahead and remember that we're supposed to be nice to each other and start apologizing when we cut people off, and saying "thanks!" when someone slows down to let us in. Wouldn't it be fun?

No comments: