Friday, August 5, 2011

Oh just a little thing called change....

First though, I have to direct you to my friend Colleen's blog because her postpartum hormones crack me up...

Read this: and then tell me that you didn't laugh....because you know you did.

Okay, so on to change....yesterday was a HUGE change in my workplace. Essentially, we are reorganizing and working with a smaller balance sheet which equates to some of my friends were laid off. Which SUPER sucks. I mean, majorly sucks. Among them is the guy I consider to be my "mentor" and I love him dearly. I'm not sure what work will be like without him, but he's staying through the end of the year so that's at least better.

My sister in law started moving her things out of the house this week. I'm totally bummed because I really liked having her around. Of course she came home at crazy times and was hardly ever there, but it was nice to know that she was there when the hubs was working or doing something without me! I'm going to miss her but I know that she should be doing something more fun than living with her brother and his wife.

The hubs starts school at the end of this month...officially. He's going to try his hand at nursing school and I'm super excited for him. I think he'll be an amazing nurse and I'm anxious to see how he likes it.

As for me, I'm just putzing along. I have 2 more classes to finish my MBA (if I ever go sign up for them). So that's exciting. Not sure what the plan will be once I have it. New job with super fat paycheck? Maybe. We'll see as time passes.

Anyway, I found this quote about change and it made me think about all the changes going on in my life. Enjoy.

"He who rejects change is the architect of decay. The only human institution which rejects progress is the cemetery."

No comments: