Monday, August 15, 2011

Today officially sucks.

This month, as I've mentioned hasn't been nearly the month that it was supposed to be. And it has in no way compared to the super fun, carefree month that July was. In fact, it flat out sucks.

Last night, over the course of who knows how long, my sister's dog passed away. It sucks because we were holding out hope that he was going to get better and would rebound from this bout of whatever it was. But he didn't. And my sister is left feeling like he thought they abandoned him and that's why he was there all alone. When in fact it was actually because the vet's office was closed and he was hooked up to an IV. I know that some of you have children, so your pets aren't as important to you as they are to those of us who don't have children.....but, when pets are part of your family, it's terrible to have to go through the loss of them. My only hope is that his natural tendency to be overly anxious has subsided and he's finally at peace.

My friend is still in the hospital with no known cause of illness. It royally sucks. All they know is that he's still having trouble breathing although otherwise he's doing better. SUCKS.

And today, of all days, is the 1 year anniversary of my sweet friend Preston passing away. It's surreal really. Hard to believe that it's been 52 weeks, 12 months, and 365 days since he was here with us. Time goes on I suppose whether we're ready to accept it or not. It always moves forward. Funny how that happens.

Squeeze your loved ones (human and otherwise) extra tight for me today. You just never know when it might be the last squeeze.

"when you are sorrowful, look again in your heart and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight"
Kahlil Gibran

No comments: