Monday, August 16, 2010

hello darkness my old friend.....I've come to talk with you again...

Yesterday, my sweet friend Preston passed away. To say that I'm heartbroken is an understatement. To say that I'm hurting in ways I didn't know I could is also an understatment. I can't describe the pain I feel or the void that I feel because of his passing. I'm so incredibly thankful that his fight is over and he is now riding (probably) in peace somewhere on a distant highway. I know I will see him again, so I find comfort in that, but that is probably a long time from now for me and it doesn't make the pain any less. It doesn't make me hurt less that he is now at peace. It doesn't comfort me to know that I will never hear my friend's voice or get an email from him telling me about so hot girl he met. It doesn't make me feel good to know that my crazy early morning drunk texts are over and that my friend Preston is gone from this earth. I'm hurting. I know in time the hurt will be less and I'll cherish his memory, but today, I'm hurting. I just don't think that anyone should ever have to go through this kind of pain. And for m,e I know it's probably just the beginning of the start of a lot of incidents like this...I am getting older.

I leave you with words from Stevie Nicks....

"can I handle the changing seasons of my life.....Oh, I don't know"

No comments: