Monday, August 30, 2010

Anger err.....Management....

"don't sweat the small stuff.....in the end, it's still small stuff"
"he who angers you controls you"
"anger dwells only in the bosom of fools"

....riiiiight. so Those are quotes are in or around my cube because I tend to have a little bit of an anger management issue. As in, I don't manage my anger. I'm getting a lot better about blowing up and "flying off the handle" and I tend to need a 5 second break to remind myself that the cupcake place being out of my favorite cupcake isn't the end of the world (hey, it's a big deal!) But sometimes, no matter how much I remind myself that the world is not going to end because some jackass in a Mercedes decided to cut me off, I'm still pissed. PISSED.

One person has caused this to happen two times to me since Friday. I can't really go into a lot of detail on the situation, but I'm finding it hard to "take a deep breath and let it go". Here's hoping I find some wisdowm in the quotes above and can find a way to let it go....If not, it's going to be a LONG week!

"try as much as possible to be wholly alive, with all your might, and when you laugh, laugh like hell and when you get angry, get good and angry. Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough"
- William Saroyan

No comments: