Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My life.......Legends of the Fall...

So, today was pretty rough. That's pretty much the only way to put it. I missed Preston a lot. Basically, I keep finding myself down in the dumps about a certain friendship, and over the weekend, I kept hearing him tell me that life is just too short to find yourself down in the dumps. I know that if he were here, he'd tell me to get over it and move on. That friendships are meant to be enjoyed not dreaded. Today all that seemed to come to a head and I wanted so badly to hear his voice. His laugh. Him telling me that I'm being completely ridiculous and should have moved on a long time ago.

Currently, I'm watching Legends of the Fall. One of my all.time.favorite.movies. I heart this movie. As I was watching it, I kept comparing myself to Tristan, the main character. See, the thing is, he kind of has a hard time dealing with the difficulties in his life...the death of his brother....the death of his wife....all these things seem to wear him down and his way of coping? Leaving. Going off on lone excursions and getting lost in a world not like his own. Of course I know that this is a movie.....but....I find myself understanding his character more and more as the movie goes on and as I've gotten older. Of course you feel for his character, but this is more of a connection to his character. He gets lost in his emotions and I see myself in him. I know, I know, it's not always the best idea to compare yourself to a character in a movie...but if someday, I start writing my blog from Montana....well, you'll know why.

1 comment:

Tasty Eats At Home said...

Legends of the Fall has THE BEST soundtrack too. Just saying. It's heavy on the emotions too. I think I need to watch it again.