Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Some ranting and raving and a plea for your help...

Let's get the annoying things out there first:
  1. I cannot stand people who cut other people off when they know the lay out of the road. Example: I have to get on the highway every morning to make it to work. In order to do so, I have to wait in a long line of cars to enter the on-ramp.  Some douchebags prefer to drive in the middle lane until the smallest of openings appears in the left lane and then they cut off everyone who has been waiting patiently to enter the highway. IT ANNOYS ME. Mostly because I see a lot of the same people doing it EVERY DAY. What makes you any more important than me? The fact that you know I'm not going to ram you because I don't want the claim on my insurance!? I HATE IT. And I want to flip them off but unfortunately I don't because it's early and I don't feel quite that bitchy yet. 
  2. Bandwagon sports fans. As you know, our beloved Texas Rangers have made it past the divisional series and are now on their way to the next round of playoff games!!! WOOT WOOT! This morning as I'm warming up my yummy oatmeal, I hear someone say "Yeah, I'm a Rangers fan. I mean, the Cowboys aren't doing anything so.." Ok. First rule of sports talk....it doesn't make you a fan just because you've decided to watch them play in the playoffs. You are a bandwagon fan and you suck! I have watched the Rangers for YEARS. YEARS! and I have stood by them through good times and through bad (mostly bad, let's face it). But I AM a Rangers FAN and I can say that because I have been heartbroken with them and excited with them. You on the other hand, probably don't even know who plays what position! ASSHATS!
  3. I had a third but I forgot it. Maybe I'll remember before the end of this post...
 Here's where I need your help all ye in internet land:
As most of you know because I know most of you, I am climbing 1,040 steps in honor of my friend Preston this January. (January 29, 2011 to be exact). I need your help! I would LOVE if you would choose to come walk with me and all of Preston's friends for this event. But if you cannot, then you can simply donate in his honor on my page! (sneaky, right?) I know that most of us are young and money is a precious commodity, but Preston was an amazing person and he deserves to live on in whatever ways possible. He believed in the work that the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society does and he supported our fundraising efforts for them. The Big D Climb is an event put on by LLS and all donations will be given to them. If you think you might want to donate, go to this page: http://ntx.bigdclimb.llsevent.org/tiffytrox. If you think you might want to commit to climbing 1,040 steps, go to www.bigdclimb.org and look around. If you choose to do so, sign up with Team KLOZW and team captain Derek Trabon. We'll be there and we know Preston will be at the top waiting for us. 

Still don't remember what rant #3 was...boo.  

No comments: