Wednesday, March 23, 2011

So.....I'm writing a book...

No, it doesn't start with "Once upon a time"
I've told a few people and a few more people have read it but it's funny. I've always loved writing. I see it as a good escape, a way to cope with difficult emotions, and an awesome way to track family legacies, history, etc.

One day, I got the urge to write a chick lit book. So I started it. We're about 20 chapters in now and lots and lots of pages. (I have it in sections so it's easier to read so it's hard to tell exactly how many pages. Plus, it's in Word and book pages are different than Word pages).

Anywho, it's been really fun and it's an awesome distraction from every day life. It's been a great escape (not that it's like a fantasy of mine or anything) and it's just been fun. I'm enjoying it. I wonder though, if I'll send it to anyone to read, try to get it published or anything like that. Who knows? And I wonder what I'll do when I finish it...it can't be that far off, the story only has so much further to go. Interesting things to ponder....interesting indeed.

Maybe someday I'll even be famous! Wouldn't that be a hoot and a half. (Not likely, so don't get your hopes up!)

And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise.  The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.  
~Sylvia Plath

2 comments:

fancyashstyle said...

Publish it. I want to go to the Today Show with you when they interview you about it!

Unknown said...

you go it!