Monday, March 28, 2011

Sometimes you get sour lemons.....

And then your lemonade doesn't taste so great. 

For real though. This is really about my complete lack of self control over the past weekend. Last week, I had done pretty well (okay, I did an OKAY job) of eating healthy and getting back on the weight loss train. Starting Thursday, however, the train was raided by train pirates, derailed, and hit by missile. Ooops.

See, the problem is, I couldn't eat for 2 1/2 weeks. 2 1/2 weeks!!! That's kind of an insane amount of time when you love food. I probably would have only ventured off track once or twice over the past 2 1/2 weeks, which is still manageable, and often encouraged to keep you on track. Instead, I went ape shit crazy and ate whatever I wanted and I'm totally feeling the regret now.

Not only is it going to make me gain back some of the 20 lbs that I've lost over the past few months, but I feel bloated and uncomfortable!

Today is the day that I am getting back into my workout routine and I have to say, it would have been nice to have a nice healthy start to the whole thing instead of feeling like  a lard ass about to try to run. Le sigh.

Moral of the story? Venture off track from time to time. Your body deserves a reward as do you. But, don't let the temptation derail your train.

"The only time to eat diet food is while you're waiting for the steak to cook”
-Julia Child

No comments: