Monday, March 21, 2011

Wooo....finally some relief...

**I took this picture on my phone, while riding around in the Jeep with the top off....such a great weekend!

It's been about 2 1/2 weeks since surgery and I feel "okay". I don't feel terrible anymore, but I definitely don't feel great yet. In fact, I have two doctor's appointments scheduled between this week and next. Mostly just to check progress, but also because I have congestion in my head that I just can't get out. And apparently the only way to get it out is to have it suctioned out by the doc. So, back to the doc we go to have our sinuses suctioned. Woo.

This weekend was actually ahmazing. I finally felt like getting out and doing stuff, and the hubs was off, so it was perfect. We went to Aubrey, TX to see some friends. First we visited with some fun friends who live on some land and have cows. 3 of their cows had babies this year so I really wanted to see the babies. The babies however, were not into seeing me as they wouldn't get within 100 feet of me! But, I got licked by a lot of mamas who were willing to eat my treats, so I guess that's fun too. I heart cows. I think they're so cute.

From there we went to see one of my nearest and dearest and her fiance. I haven't seen her in forever and I miss her so much it hurts! But we had a really good time! We went to the driving range (our goal is to be somewhat decent golfers by the end of summer). And we cooked out some kabobs (her first time with kabobs) and they turned out awesome! Unfortunately, after dinner, at about 9:00PM I was totally wiped so we had to go home. I probably could have lasted longer but it takes about an hour to get home, so I had to factor that in too!

All in all, it was a good first outing for me. I was so thrilled to see so many people that I care about in one day!


Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.  ~Marcel Proust

No comments: