Wednesday, December 1, 2010

2010 on the cusp of 2011

Read this. 

Now someone please explain to me why in almost 2011 we are still hearing of hate crimes? Especially hate crimes against mentally disabled people? It absolutely disgusts me that there are still people out there who are willing to hurt and attack people simply based on the color of their skin. I do nto live in Farmington, NM and I have never been to Farmington, NM, but at what point do you decide that just because someone is not the same race as you, they deserve to be branded, drawn on and embarrassed? The thing that irks me the most and makes me want to scream the most is the fact that the boy in this attack probably didn't even understand why he was being attacked or the purpose behind the crime. It breaks my heart.

At some point America, we have to realize that what we're doing to each other before we start to worry about how the rest of the world sees us and what we're going to do to "better" the global community. We can't even handle our own communities right now and that's just flat out pathetic.

No comments: