Friday, December 31, 2010

See ya later 2010!

I want to say: "see ya later 2010, don't let the door hit ya on the way out" but I don't want to start 2011 off on the wrong foot.

Here are some things that happened in 2010:
  • I climbed 52 flights of stairs to fight lymphoma (even though I wanted to die at like 19)
  • I celebrated my puppie's 6 year birthday (it was tough, shut it)
  • I planned for and went to Costa Rica for my 2 year anniversary with the hubs
  • I celebrated my 26th year of life. 
  • I floated the river with good friends and the best family in the world
  • I lost a good friend to his battle with cancer
  • I observed the one year anniversary of my nephew's passing and mourned him all over again
  • I got a sewing machine and finished a quilt I was given as a gift
  • I went to a game for all of the porfessional sports in Dallas. 
  • I stood by helplessly as my friend Colleen lost her mother to cancer
  • I celebrated one of the best Christmases yet though still grieving for Colleen and for Preston
2010 was not my favorite year.  But today is the last day of 2010 and I'm looking forward to 2011.

Here are some things I hope to accomplish next year.
  • Graduate with my MBA
  • become an aunt for the third and fourth time
  • being an honorary aunt for the second time (here's looking at you baby Crocker)
  • Climb 52 flights of stairs
  • get back into running (ugh)
  • spend more time with friends
  • spend more time with family
  • go somewhere awesome (like BALI)
  • learn something new
Here's wishing you and yours a most spectacular new year! Stay safe out there. We all know it's amateur night!

"An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves.”
-Bill Vaughn

No comments: